Effective Inter-Religious Action in Peacebuilding Program Meets in Vienna
Last week, the Alliance for Peacebuilding, in partnership with CDA Collaborative Learning and Search for Common Ground, convened a group of over 25 leading experts in Vienna to discuss how to better measure the effectiveness of inter- and intra-religious action for peacebuilding. The meeting was part of a three-year program funded by the GHR Foundation entitled the Effective Inter-religious Action in Peacebuilding (EIAP) Program. The experts met to work on revising the EIAP Draft Guide. This Draft Guide was developed for use in a pilot training program and for field testing of evaluation techniques as applied to inter-religious programs. The testers, program partners, and the EIAP Global Advisory Council discussed how to make the Guide as accessible and effective as possible. Their ideas will be incorporated into a revised version of the Guide to be published this Fall.
The goals of the meeting were to:
- Review lessons learned from the Guide for the Assessment of Inter-religious Action
- Review and revise the Guide based on the lessons learned
- Reflect on any follow-up actions taken by Global Advisory Council members since the meeting in Istanbul
- Agree on the content of a strategic communications plan to disseminate and promote the uptake of the guide among policy-makers, practitioners, and donors
- Gather GAC input on potential next phase for EIAP
You can view the full report of the meeting here!